Monday, February 27, 2006

Fake Nice

have you done it? i have. i think every day. it's the way you force yourself to make silly chatter on the elevator or give someone a big grin even if you don't feel particularly happy. but you do it to maintain that fasade you've carefully crafted. you've never really figured out why it's not okay to be crabby or have a bad day or not feel like talking to anyone. are we all suppose to be happy robots? is that the idea? cause being fake nice is tiring. especially if you do it all day, every day. until you are home with your honey and your two girls.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Daily Gus said...

I call this the "nod & smile." I do it ALL THE FREAKIN' TIME. I learned it from a woman I worked with once who said something like, "Honey catches flies better than vinegar." It's all bullshit, but yeah, it gets tiring sometimes. Sometimes I just want to bop humans on their damn fool heads!

Tuesday, February 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home