Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Not So Nice (Anymore)

i recovered from my morning stress (see upcoming post titled "dander"), only to get some lame-ass phone call from some wicked beeyoch that went like this:

wicked beeyoch: "princess superstar, you need to pull your skirt down."
me: "anything else?"
click.

okay, i made the mistake of leaving a meeting not realizing that my skirt needed to be nudged down in back. still, couldn't the wb have said something like, "hey princess superstar, you might want to tug your skirt down in back." that's all that had to be said. it's never that simple or that nice.

which leads me to my next point--is it worth to be a nice person? i'm not sure any more. i try to be polite. and kind. and considerate of other people's feelings. i genuinely try to be a good, decent person. maybe i'm not as nice as i think i am. maybe people perceive me as not a nice person. the point is, i don't think it pays to be a nice person at work. i'm not saying that i need to be nasty or unkind. but i don't have to constantly apologize. and i don't have to do some other nice things like write thank-you notes, or buy candy, or whatever.

i can just go to work, do my job, and stay in my shell. because to me, it's not worth it to put myself out there, to be friendly, and to get shredded.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Daily Gus said...

i don't bother to make friends at work, and for the most part i am fairly quiet and keep to myself in the office. I never accept offers to go to happy hour or anything---not because I don't like the people, but because I spend 40 hours a week with these people, and THAT IS ENOUGH.

But I'm still polite and pleasant to most of the people in my office. Except for that one old bulldyke who bathes in pinesol/drakkar every day and it gives me violent ashmatic allergic reactions, adn I've asked her like fifteen times to not wear so much cologne and she always tells me to go fuck myself. OK! Well you go fuck yourself, too, you stinky old ulgy bulldyke! :)

Wednesday, February 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home