Thursday, September 14, 2006

I Don't Have Much Hope

so we had the meeting today where my current supervisor announced the new reporting structure. and the big boss (the guy my supervisor reports to) made the announcement that my supervisor was just promoted to director, which is huge. really huge. the guy is like 31 and is well on his way to moving well up the ladder. he's only been with the company nine years, but i think he'll end up running the place eventually. and we're talking about a global company.

of course, it was also announced that mr. perfect is going to manage me, the cabbage patch head, and a new person to be hired, who will do the same job as me and the cph. so the two of us met with him after the staff meeting to share our thoughts. and i told him the truth--that is, i hope it ends up being a good thing.

but i don't really believe that anything will change, that we will ever get developed, promoted, chosen for training and conferences. can't see it happening as he is just as busy as my previous supervisor, who left me to pretty much toil in obscurity as he never had the time to mentor/coach me. which was okay. the hard part was watching other people in my group get picked to attend tons of training opportunities, conferences, etc. it's a tug of war--part of me wants more and the other part wants be invisible.

the adorable one thinks this is the best thing that could happen because as persnickety as mr. perfect is, he will be committed to the plan of growing me and the cph. i just don't have any hope it's going to work out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home