Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Hives Be Gone

i can't be absolutely sure, as my feet are still a tad itchy, but the hives seem to be retreating. at least for now. and i am grateful, believe you me. you wouldn't think hives would be that big of a deal, but rest assured, being itchy to the point of driven mad is no fun. while i was still somewhat blotchy, splotchy, and itchy i went back to work and as weird as it sounds it was okay. i didn't have any dread that i had dropped the ball on anything or that something had fallen through the cracks.

in fact, my new supervisor had routed a "get well" card and my other coworker that just returned from a two-week trip to asia, brought back a a neat baby kimono top. i worked on a couple of things, but didn't feel frenzied or stressed or even guilty for having to be home for a couple of days. at the toxic waste dump it would have been completely different situation. there would have been hate voicemails, nasty email gut bombs, and being treated like scummy scourge by dr. jekyll/ms. hyde. man, i just don't miss those days.

i finally got in contact with my doctor who wants me to come in on friday. i don't really want to go. but if the hives aren't gone, it will be a week since breaking out. it seems to be worse in the mornings as i was pretty hive-ish. and i can't say that it seems okay that i'm popping pepcid, benadryl, and the anti-itch stuff more than i should, but i'm at a loss on what else to do.

i feel like since i'm out of the steroid, i have to keep the hives at bay. unfortunately, i'm also concerned this is also somehow very bad for my internal organs, like my liver. not too good. i still can't figure out why during one of our er visits that they just didn't hook me up to an iv for like four to six hours, or even longer, and just pumped in super-strength benadryl, steroids, and any other antihistimines. naturally, they don't do that any more. or they didn't with me. i got one dose of drugs via iv and sent on my merry way. or as merry as you can be at 2:30 a.m.

maybe i'll get lucky and wake up tomorrow and i'll face the day hive-free. then again, i could be dreaming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home