Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Fairytales Do Come True

this is the tampa skyline at night. it's also where we will be in about a month's time for my birthday weekend. the adorable one, the prince of princes, surprised me the other day by booking a four-day trip to a city we have wanted to visit for some time and one that just happens to be in my favorite state, the one where summer rules eternal. our kind of place.

we haven't figured out where we're staying--maybe a Marriott Hotel for the rewards points, or a bed-and-breakfast, but to me, the fun is figuring that out. plus, there's restaurants, museums, a potential nfl football game (bucs versus the eagles, oh yay) to investigate. the neat part is, i always had a fantasy about being whisked away for my birthday, and viola, the man makes it happen. i am stoked!

i never thought i would end up with the guy--the one that really makes your life this amazing place, that cares for you when the chips are down or when you are sick, who challenges you to be a better person, and asks for so little in return. i'll never really know what i ever did to deserve the adorable one because a lot of days i don't think i deserve such a terrific human being as my life partner. but i must have done something right in a previous life, because i'm living my dream. with my man at my side.

so it's off to tampa in a month. anyone with recommendations on where to stay, play, eat, and best place to grab some rays, let us know. in the meantime, to keep myself cheery (and not to brag or boast), i'm gonna post occasional stock photos of tampa as a reminder that things do change, they do work out, and you can end up in a warm, sunny place with the love of your life. and yes, i get that i'm a major mushy dripball. can you blame me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home