Monday, February 12, 2007

I'm Trying To Kicking It To The Curb

my funk that is. i've been a whiny, crabby, pissy chick for the past week and i'll own up to it. the adorable one can attest to it. mostly because i've been frustrated with my work situation, which when i think about it rationally--that is, i realize that i have a decent/okay job, with a halfway decent/halfway okay salary, and work for a good company, it makes me realize that i'm being a big baby. i think about people who have it really tough--people that work two or three jobs, just to break even. and when i put it in that perspective, i've got nothing to gripe about because my life is good. damn good in fact.

it's this mature attitude, this less "i'm the center of the universe. i'm the only one suffering" is what surprises me. oh, i'm not above realizing that i'm still quite the silly, selfish, and shallow girl that i've always been. i'm just less of those adjectives. which goes against my theory that people can change, because i've always adhered that people are pretty much as they seem--for the most part, but there are exceptions (suzy q, for example).

yay, it tears me up that my would-be fair boss, who has been a huge support in the past few years, seems to favor the notre dame princess. i don't really get it, but i hear them talking all the time and she regularly stops to hang out in his office. maybe she's just a better ass kisser. my work twin thinks that's the case. i just feel like a gigantic bowl of chopped liver next the suzy superstar. and it's hard. because i've been the shiny star for a longer time and now i feel like the redheaded stepchild. sucky, very sucky.

still, i'm trying. trying to kick the blues. i'm trying to just focus on doing quality work. trying not to react when things piss me off.

and i wish i could just be a robot. and go to work and not care. not care about some of the shitty things people say and do. but as the adorable one says, "hell is other people." and as reminded daily, i'm married to one super smart fella.

so send the positive vibes my way and with any luck, i'll be back to my happy go lucky self soon. in the mean time, please bear with the crankyfest that is me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home