Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The Bet

last year i got a lousy raise due to getting dinged on my performance review for stuff that really (and truly) wasn't my fault. trust me, if i fuck up, i'm the first one to own up to it. so, it was a demoralizing experience, especially since my raise was less than 2%. now, working for a global company you can't expect decent raises unless you're in the shiny star level, which i'm not (yet). i'm like in the "b" category, which according to my department director, is what 85% of our company falls into. i'm not sure if that is supposed to make me feel better or not.

anyhoosa, being the perpetual pessimist, i made a bet with the adorable one (the eternal optimist) that my raise would be less than 3%. if i win, the adorable one has to clean my bathroom for a month. if i lose, i have to clean the girl's litterboxes for a month.

raises won't be issued until some time next month, so we'll see who will be hauling dookie to the curb or scrubbing soap scum. my money's on me. but deep down, i wish it wasn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home