Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Once Again, VDay Is Setting Up Real Nice

so i attended a work function on monday where people in our division were recognized for successful projects. as it happened, the roll of the dice went my way (as it did last year, as well) and i got a very nice and nifty framed certificate for my efforts and a $50 amazon gift certificate. the adorable one, being ever-so-adorable, ordered the tommy watch (mine is the fabulous blue version below, which is no longer featured on amazon for some freaky, weird reason.). i've had my eye on for what feels like forever (okay, i get it, i'm shallow.). so, it's scheduled to arrive around valentine's day, the most made-up holiday where the greeting card, candy, and flower industries reap the reward of saps everywhere shilling out their hard-earned bucks to express their love. but i'm not cynical or anything. cuz i have my watch! my gorgeous, lovely watch!

and as an extra bonus treat, the adorable one suggested we forgo the usual vday gifts to each other (last year he splurged on a nano for me and yes, it rocks!), and instead have a romantic dinner at our favorite restaurant. yup, my favorite super fake holiday is shaping up splendidly. bring on the steak baby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home