Thursday, December 21, 2006

The Holiday Spirit

so i heard through the grapevine that the cabbage patch head (cph) has been badmouthing me to the people in her old product line that i will be working with. i didn't expect her to behave unprofessionally like that, i really didn't. it was hard to hear that someone was talking smack about me, especially when i haven't done anything to deserve it.

and it stuck in my caw for a couple of days. i stewed in my typical fashion before falling asleep for a couple of nights--imagining the way i would confront her if the opportunity presented itself. i pictured myself, standing in the elevator doorway saying, "i just want you to know that i don't take it personally that you're badmouthing me to the people in the product line. i get that that the transition is tough for you and i feel bad that you can't handle it like a professional."

of course i can't actually say things like that, especially at work. because in some sense i would be sinking to her level, even by acknowledging her unprofessional behavior. somehow it would lessen me.

so, in the spirit of the holidays (or maybe my old age) i'm just keeping my head up, not saying anything, and hoping that my good work speaks for itself.

frankly, this mature behavior spooks the hell out of me, but it is the season after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home