Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Sunday's Supper Is In The Works


my folks are coming over on sunday for supper, so the menu is already planned--we'll start off with a signature salad, which has all kinds of goodies (at least one kind of lettuce, cucumber, red and yellow pepper, carrots, red onion, hard-boiled egg, cooked peas, maybe some mushrooms, and whatever else i can find), buttery crescent rolls, martha's sure-fire perfect roast chicken and greek lemon roasted potatoes, sauteed green beans, and some really good white wine.

i would like my parents to bring dessert, preferably a baskin robbins ice cream pie, but they tend to do their own thing. regardless, it will be nice to get together and have a relaxing meal. with only the green beans to properly cook, the rest of the meal is a breeze. well, i have to hope that the chicken comes out moist, because as my dad accurately pointed out earlier in my cooking forays, my chicken resembled the sahara desert. sad, but true. let's hope for all that i've come a l-o-n-g way from that, but i never quite feel like my parents actually like what we cook. call me nuts (i'm nuts!), but that's how i feel.

i guess, deep down, we just want our parents to be proud of us. problem is, i don't think i'm ever gonna get there, so i just gotta be proud of and happy for me. that's not so tough, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home