Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Okay, I Admit It

i played hookey yesterday. haven't done it in awhile. the idea of going to work and being bored off my gourd just sounded awful. i left a lame-o message for my boss saying that i was "under the weather" and wouldn't be in. naturally, i used my best sick voice. i just couldn't stomach sitting at my desk for eight hours doing not much and either making up stuff to do or reading blogs. don't get me wrong, i like to take a break at work just as much as anyone else. but i also enjoy getting a lot done. i get it, i'm a weirdo. i like to be productive, so sue me.

i used the "i got dehyrdrated" excuse when people asked. i know no one bought it, but hey, they all have work to do and are hoarding it. and i got the distinct impression that everyone was talking about me, but then again, i'm a hyper-sensitive paranoid. i just felt like odd girl out.

and i guess to make matters worse, i had to deal with both mr. perfect and his prodigy, the cph. all i needed, naturally, were just some files regarding a specific geographic location for an internal client in another division. simple, right? oh, but no. i email the files i have to the internal client and i'm sure to copy mr. perfect, the cph, and my supervisor. so then mr. perfect emails me to ask if i've contacted the cph for files for her product line. hello? the cph has been copied on all the correspondence. can she not figure out what she owes?

so i leave a very detailed voicemail message, knowing full well that she would not return my message. and i email him, explaining that i left the message and what else does he want me to do. see, this is the kind of stupidass shit i have to deal with. it's pathetic. he just doesn't get it. if the cph did her job, she would have sent me the files i needed. but she didn't. so i'm supposed to babysit her i guess. the two of them deserve each other.

and yay, it's enough to make me sick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home