Sunday, July 23, 2006

Because I'm A Braggert & I'm Not Sorry About It

so i made martha's roasted chicken recipe and although i didn't put stuff like minced garlic and oregano under the skin, it turned out damn good. which is a major accomplishment for me as my chicken usually is something akin to the sahara desert, according to my father. it just took me like a few years of baking chicken in the over before i realized you had to cover the poor little breasts with foil or they would dry out. who knew? anyway, other than chopping up the vegetables (red potatoes, vidalia onions, carrots, plus garlic and shallot), it's an easy and delish recipe. tonight, i'm mixing it up to include sweet potatoes (one of my mum's favs) and butternut squash (because i can and i'm a nut for challenges).

isn't she pretty? yup, she's got a nice crust on her thank to the freshly ground sea salt, pepper, olive olive, and half stick of butter (in small pats distributed liberally on top)

i can't give the name of my signature salad, as it's my last name and i have to be a careful blogger, but it's got just about everything other than artichokes and avocado (next time). if you want a list of the ingredients, email me and i'll share; otherwise, it's a l-o-n-g list and lordy knows i don't want to bore ya.

the adorable one, in all his adorableness, made these terrific shrimp wrapped in bacon appetizers (some had pineapple, so juicy delish). super easy, super yummy. and he even made a few special ones for me that he carmelized with brown sugar. oh the joy and rapture!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home