Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Here's Another Memo I Missed

it seems like there is at least one person, normally more, that exist to just get in my way. yes, i get it--it sounds ridiculous and narcissistic. but i swear, i swear, it's true. today, i was simply trying to grab a few napkins and some butter spread at panera (yup, my fav lunch spot), and this woman, just wouldn't get the hell out of my way. she just worked it to where no matter what i was trying to get to, she was in the way. must be a special course they teach.

last week, me and nancy (my best work buddy) went to quiznos for lunch and i must say that first of all, it's a good lunch spot. overpriced, but good. i'm partial to the prime rib and peppercorn sub--pretty delish with the creamy horseradish sauce.

anyhoosa, there was this woman who was like a character from "seinfeld", i kid you not. okay, granted she didn't get in my way. but my god, the woman wanted to attach herself to me--she had no concept of personal space. none. like zero. zip.

i kept moving away from her, and she kept trying to latch on. if i didn't know better i would think she wanted a piggy-back ride or something. so weird. i kept saying stuff to nancy and lord knows my voice carries. i mean my inside voice is most people's outside voice. i know this because pretty much everyone, including the adorable one, will regularly tell me to lower my voice.

like sometimes, i think even my whisper is like a normal person's inside voice. i really don't get it, because it doesn't seem loud to me. but whatever.

anyway, i've decided that the next time someone tries to invade my personal space, i'm going to be prepared. and whether people around me can hear or not, i don't give a flying fig.

not sure what is going on in the cosmic universe, but i seem to be a magnet for annoying people. and no, i don't like this. not one little bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home