Monday, November 27, 2006

What I Want & Am Not Getting For Channukah

which is a bummer as i'm a watch collector and for some reason i'm a fan of ole tommy hilfiger. however, the parental units, well, the queen mum, informed me that they are not buying my choice item and have instead purchased something (most likely the computer vacuum, i kid you not) that they think i want or like.

this is a real problem because i got very sucky gifts for my birthday--things i neither wanted or needed. i hate to sound like an ungrateful shrew, but the thing is, we are usually advised as to what to get them. for example, the queen mum mentioned today that they want a gift certificate to a local dinner theater. which would be fine if they were willing to get me what i wanted.

man, i get that i sound petty, i really do. but year after year, when we have splurged (a spa gift certificate, flowers, dvds, etc.), it would be nice if i didn't get a tupperware dish, an oven glove, or a diary, which i'll never ever use.

so call me spoiled, bratty, and horrible. you may be right. or maybe, jut maybe you think, "damn, she's got good taste!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home