Friday, November 24, 2006

A Quite Awesome & Lovely Thanksgiving

i can't remember when thanksgiving became such a big deal to me, but i would have to say that in the last five years, maybe a few more than that, thanksgiving became this holiday that i totally looked forward to. it could be that the holiday embraced eating yourself silly, it could be that the foods are usually delicious, or it could be that i have dug just being with my family for a special dinner. not sure, but thanksgiving is a major big deal to me every year, even when i haven't been with my family per se.

this year i have so much to be grateful for--first and foremost for the adorable one, our girls, my immediate family, including the adorable one's folks who have always treated me like a daughter, great friends, a very good stable job, and finally progress on losing weight and getting healthy. as the adorable one said last night on the way home from dinner, "you're so much happier now. you smile more. your hair is shiny. you can really tell a difference." unbeknown to me, i guess i used to walk around with a frown all the time. and i think it's because i was really unhappy for a l-o-n-g time. after getting fired by the toxic waste dump in 2004, i went into this rut that i have finally and for sure made my way out of.

yay, it helps that the adorable one and i are eating healthier (except this weekend, which has been a free for all, and oh boy has it been fun!) and losing weight. really, the next step is to finally face the gym, which i hope we do tomorrow. we meant to go today, but i took another nap (heaven!). what i enjoy most is that i actually feel better and things are easier for me to do. even peeling and chopping potatoes for my fav dish isn't something that wears me out. i really think all that extra weight i've been carrying around made me unhappy--now that i'm starting to shed that, i don't get tired so easily. it's nice.

and dinner at my folks house was delish--my mom roasted a honeysuckle turkey, baked sweet potatoes, made my grandma's dressing recipe, stove top stuffing (luv, luv, luv it!), cranberries (her favorite), a big salad (my dad should be a professional salad maker, i swear), and the buttery crescent rolls we brought, along with a really good wine, which turned out to be a perfect compliment to the meal. and then we had my mom's homemade apple pie for dessert, which was heavenly good. just a perfect meal and a great time.

i'm feeling relaxed and happy and life is good. really good. so happy (belated) turkey day folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home