Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Last Of The Light

i didn't take this picture, but it illustrates what i want to talk about. when i leave in the morning, it's dark. i think i've done a sufficient job of complaining about how i hate that it's pitch black when i get up. i consider myself lucky the days when i'm walking into the building and sun is just coming up. this time of year, well, i'll take what i can get.

tonight was the first time i left the office and it was almost dark. i caught the last rays of light and it reminded me of when i started my job where it seemed like every day i left in the dark and went home in the dark. i know seasonal affective disorder exists because i get bummed by the gray, drab days. i hate the filtered sunshine as it seems like everything is washed out.

it's not the eventual loss of daylight that kills me, as it's practically dark anyway by the time i get home. and once the winter solstice passes, it's only a matter of time before we start gaining daylight. no, it's the cold and the gray that i could easily do without.

i often find myself wondering what it will be like when we move to florida--which if i start my mba program next year (summer or fall to take as much advantage of tuition reimbursement as possible, as my degree--well, that's gonna run, truth be told, $20k--ouch!), will take longer than we planned. and like i said in my post about hitting the books, it's about short-term pain for long-term gain.so, i'll continue to keep my eyes to the horizon, looking for the light. i'll know i've made it when the water meets the sky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home