Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Yes It's True

i'm gonna be an aunt again and i so can't wait! my nephew, little b, is about six years old and we (me, my mom and dad) have been jonesing for another wee one to spoil. if only the new little was going to live closer to us. as it is, we may only see her or him (we don't yet know the gender) a few times a year.

while it's true that the adorable one and i are not fond of children (i can count on one hand the children i actually like, no joke), i think we do very good in our aunt and uncle roles. i am particularly and horribly spoiling when it comes to offspring that are related to me, but not my own. so i am extremely happy and thrilled and can't wait for the baby to arrive in march.

we're never having kids--we're not interested in the time, $, and really, and i'm convinced that i'm way too selfish, shallow, and would be an awful mother--and i'm just not saying that, as i think the kid would be in therapy from day one due to my parenting, although the adorable one would be fabulous. i can say this as i've watched him with our nephew as well as our kittens and there is a genuine love of little ones that he cannot hide. plus he's so even-keeled. whereas, i'm like a see-saw.

and my little brother has made it clear that he never intends to marry, let alone have a kid. so, it's up to my little sis to pretty much continue populating our family. and while i would like my and the adorable one's bloodlines to live on, it's not worth it to just have a kid for the sake of having a kid.

so, i figure i can continue on my path to be an awesome aunt by loving them unconditionally, being their deputy cheerleader when needed, and hey, buying them cool stuff now and then. in the meantime, i'm off to the post office to ship a box of classic pooh goodies for what's sure to be the cutest baby in 2007. guess it's good that i'm not biased, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home