Tuesday, July 11, 2006

There Are Dunces

and then there's the moron i met with after work today who works as a headhunter. although my best guess is she couldn't find her ass if it bit her. i knew going in that her intelligence was severly limited as she asked me three or four times in the same conversation what time i could meet with her and i patiently explained that i got off at 4:00 p.m. you know what she asked me? could i come in at 1:00 p.m. okay, i just explained that i worked until 4:00 p.m. hello? what part didn't make sense?

here's the deal with the place. i originally met with this great gal a few years ago when i was looking for a job. she wasn't able to place me but we became dinner buddies and i enjoyed talking shop with her regarding the recruiting business. anyway, when she left this firm, i got called in by her replacement to discuss the same topics as her predecessor (my gal pal). after that one left, another one called me. finally, i got called by the latest drone and being stupid, i agreed to meet with her today at 4:3o p.m.

sure enough, i had to fill out the same old paperwork i completed the last time i was there. only this time they wanted permission to do a background check. no thank you, sorry. unless i'm interviewing for some high-paying power gig, forget it. nobody is going nosing into my business, especially my past.

so i finally meet with idiot girl and she asks me a bunch of dumb questions and then says she has another appointment. i'm only too glad to escape the place. so, i'm walking to my car and who do i see? yay, idiot girl, who lied about having another appointment. nice.

lesson learned people, i'm d-o-n-e with that rat-trap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home