Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I Feel Boring

i have to say that things are significantly better at work, so much so that me and the previously-named cabbage patch head have buried the axe for good and talk on a regular basis. will we ever be the best of friends? nope, but we sure get along at work. and that's all that really matters. in addition, my supervisor, who i like a lot, has given me some other interesting projects to work on, which makes me very happy.

and all this is very good and i feel good and i really couldn't be more pleased. because it's taken me over two years to get my work life more than up to par. i've had to prove myself, but that's the way work goes. and in that time, through the bumps and the mud, i've finally made changes that i should have made a long time ago--like not gossipping behind people's backs, keeping confidences, taking my time to ensure my work is perfect, etc.

i still need to lose weight and get in shape. but everything else in my life is probably the best it's ever been. i'm happily married, have a great circle of friends, finally a decent relationship with my mom, a nice house, wonderful kittens, a vacation to key west at the end of the month, etc.

so i don't have much to write about any more. i wish i did. it seems like all i scribble about these days are the tv shows i like. i would like to be inspired. and i need some hobbies other than reading books, eating double-stuff oreos, and watching reruns of "miami vice."

i sure would like to go back to horseback riding, which is like the deepest passion, next to writing that i enjoy. once i lose the weight, i'm going to see if i can find a place that offers affordable lessons. i might even take up guitar lessons again. and if cash wasn't an issue, i would already be signed up for flying lessons. and going parachuting. and learning how to hang-glide. but these are things i can and will do, i think. just like the goals to learn surfing and scuba, as i am a water baby, no question about it.

got to get on with living and being less boring. i'll keep you posted on my progress and don't be shy about sharing hobby ideas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home