Friday, January 13, 2006

Dreaming

i have always been an avid dreamer. and by that i mean that i must have a really active subconscious, as i dream a lot. most mornings i do remember my dreams. today's was wretched as in my dream i was not only bit by spider (ewww!), but our two adorable kittens, abby and nikki, were being trapped in spider webs being spun by three spiders. total ick.

anyway, a few years ago, me and the adorable hubby rented a movie called "final fantasy," which was based on a video game (get your mind out the gutters people!). and the neat thing about the flick, besides the animation, which was incredible, was that it presented an idea that i wish was reality. the movie starts off and it's this dream sequence and the main character wakes up and they were able to tape her dream using a vcr/dvd thing. what i wouldn't give to have something like that. i could easily keep a therapist busy for years with that kind of technology available. one day i guess.

which brings me to my next topic--day dreaming. who among us does not have an active imagination? a life that goes beyond the daily grind? in the very wonderful movie, "shakespeare in love," gwyneth paltrow's character, viola de lesseps, says to her nurse, "I would stay asleep my whole life, if I could dream myself into a company of players."

granted, i don't while away my day dreaming of being an actor, but i do have a wonderful imaginary world. a world where i can do and be anything i want to be. head of a movie studio. princess. superstar. whatever. the problem is, this place does not exist in my dreams. which is unfortunate because then i would really look forward to going to sleep.

and this takes us to the last topic of the evening. our bed. when we moved into our house almost three years ago, we made the decision to invest in decent mattresses. so we bought a king-size stearns and foster mattress and box-springs. and let me say this, what a heckuva investment that was. not only is it a fantastic marriage bed (ahem, we do sleep well!), but it's like the most awesome bed i've ever slept in period. better than that bed we slept in at the beverly hotel in la and that bed was rockin' cool. the duvet alone was heaven. anyway, our bed is a sanctuary for me. i have to say whether it's going to sleep at night or napping on the weekends, our bed is the place to be.

the adorable hubby doesn't really get my napping addiction, but then again, he didn't come from a family of nappers. i mean, i don't know if it's genetics, but my whole family takes to their beds like invalids. which is funny because they are all active sons of guns. i always wanted to write that. so there you have it. anyway, if you ever want to find me on a saturday afternoon, your best bed is my bed. in fact, i hear it calling my name, so nighty-night y'all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home