Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Wow, Have I Been Gone A L-o-n-g Time

so the deal of it is, i've been a bit of a recluse since last april. it was during the early part of the month last year that i applied for a promotion at work, they told me i could apply, and then in typical fashion, pulled the rug out from under me, and told me i wasn't qualified. i was pretty upset, so i told my supervisor (jerk of the year)that i was leaving for the day to get myself pulled together. and what did the jerkwad do? that's right--he fucking wrote me up. unfucking believable.
anyway, i spent the remainder of the year working on super shitty projects that caused my hair to fall out (true story). i ended up having to see a dermatologist that injected steroids into my scalp in different points. total yuckers.
but by the grace of god, i swear by this, and i prayed and prayed and prayed like nobody's business, i got a new job about a year later, almost to the day. i did take a significant pay cut (like $5k--severe, i know), but it was so, so worth it.
i feel like a new person. i get to write every day. i love the type of work i get to do--such a wonderful variety. and the hilarious thing about it is, nothing we do is a "life and death situation", even though it's a pediatric hospital. which was not the case at the shitfest i used to work at. life is ironic, no?
i'll write again soon. i just needed to get back on track.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home