Monday, September 29, 2008

A Strange Phenom

i love my bathroom. anyone that really knows me knows that. granted it was decorated in the 1950s, so the adorable one has dubbed it "barbie bathroom" due to a large amount of pink, but hey, it's perfect. i kinda consider it a sacred place because i'm the only one that ever uses it, unless we have guests over, like my parents who can pee like every ten minutes given the opportunity.

anyway, the previous owners, carrie and dave, took out the window and put in glass block, which is fine by me as a window in a bathroom can be a freezer in the winter and a furnace in the summer. not to mention wood rot, which could have been the case since my window is in the shower.

the thing is, as much as i like the glass block, i think between that and the low ventilation leads to the bathroom being an icebox in the winter and a wee bit warm in the summer. oh, i have a vent, but it never seems to cool the bathroom to my comfort level. which granted is a heckuva lot cooler than the average person. i mean, i like it pretty cool, especially in the bathroom. in the summer. and nice and toasty in the winter. of course, with me, the bathroom is just the opposite.

which is why my next bathroom will most definitely have a ceiling fan. and be well ventilated and insulated. and bigger. much bigger.

good thing i'm not picky or anything, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home