Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Tick Tock

so monday morning my alarm didn't go off, which meant i had to forgo the shower, throw on my work clothes, and hustle to get a piss-ass parking spot. i had this kinda grimy feeling all day and had a sneaky suspicion that everyone could tell that i hadn't washed my hair.

making matters more interesting, my supervisor announced in a meeting with me and the new gal (she started a couple weeks ago) that the cabbage patch head (cph) had been promoted, but promoted out of our group. essentially she is going to support a corporate product line, versus one in our division. so as of january 1, 2007, she's officially out of our group and out of my hair. oh, she can sit in on our monday staff meeting and i imagine she'll still monopolize our formatting guru, but there will be little if any reason for her to interact with our group.

so my supervisor wants to hire another person (for me to primarily train) by end of year to replace the cph, which makes sense. and he wants me to pick up additional duties--stuff that definitely interests me more and gives me the opportunity to interact with folks in a particular product line--essentially he's grooming me for a promotion. which is great and what i want. i just think that as he "turns up the heat" (his words) it's going to force me to stretch and grow. again, a good thing. but change, in any form, is tough for me. i adjust, i do. it just takes time.

the thing is, my job is fine. it's comfortable. but when i took it, i was coming off being unemployed from the toxic waste dump for eight months. that's a long time to be unemployed. so i took a job that was three steps back for me. it's not a secretarial position, if that's what you're thinking. but some days it sure felt like that. some days it still does. but not so much.

where am i going with all this? not really sure. only that as time is flying by, i feel like my career is getting ready to ramp up. it's been a long wait, but like anything, well worth it.

and the shower this morning? lordy it's the cleanest i've felt in like two days. imagine that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home