Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I'm Her Bone + The Hip Flexer That Is Gone

abby is definitely the alpha cat in the household. for one thing, she is at least a half pound heavier than nikki. she's also more assertive and goes after what she wants. and she's a chewer. she loves, loves, loves to chew. on just about anything. including one of my bracelets i got last year for my birthday. bad abby, bad, bad, bad!

as some people are known as their friend's "bitches", i tend to think of myself as abby's bone. mostly this comes from the fact that when i go to bed, i sleep on my right side with my left arm extended. i would think it uncomfortable, but abby settles right on top of my arm, thereby preventing me from turning over or more importantly, getting up to pee.

naturally she doesn't get it when my arm goes numb and i need to move it or risk cutting off the circulation for good. which is why i much prefer it when she pretends to be a hat and sleeps around my head on the pillow. and while i like the idea of looking like daniel coon in bed, i miss having a cat that sleeps on my hip, the way taylor did.

he's been gone over a year and i still miss him. i know that will never change. i often wonder if he's at peace. if he's happy. if he's resting. which may seem weird when you consider i'm talking about a cat. but taylor spent a third of my life with me. he was the one thing i could count on, regardless of all the craziness of my 20s and early to mid 30s.

the girls are great and i love them to tears. but i miss the boy who slept on my hip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home